Work with us
Thank you for your interest in working with Denmark Arts.
Denmark Arts is a small, dynamic organisation which is responsible for providing arts and cultural services within the Shire of Denmark, on the South Coast of Western Australia. We host an ambitious program of two festivals – the Denmark Festival of Voice and Brave New Works, four markets, and a program of other services and events. We have recently become a Regional Arts Hub for the Great Southern region. Denmark Arts office space is situated within the Artshouse – a venue which we run with artist residence rooms, workshop, studio and concert spaces. We are funded by the Shire of Denmark and the State Government, through Regional Arts WA and a number of project and event-oriented grants.
We are seeking people to join our small team in the following positions:
* Business Manager – 15 hours/week – pay rate $33/hour
* Regional Arts Hub Coordinator – 15 hours/week – pay rate $33/hour
(Note: these two positions may be combined into one position 30 hours/week)
* Administrative Officer – 15 hours/week – pay rate $27.50/hour
* Communications/Public Relations – 4 hours/week + average additional 13 hours/week Feb-June for the Denmark Festival of Voice – pay rate $28/hour
These positions are offered on a six month probationary contract in the first instance, with extension to a fixed term contract on successful performance review. All positions are waged, and include standard entitlements such as superannuation and leave. Successful applicants may be required to work occasional non-standard working hours.
* Denmark Festival of Voice Manager (emerging manager + mentor positions available) – see details below. These positions are short-term until end June 2021, with potential ongoing employment in future years
* Casual Pool – applicants are invited to be part of a pool of possible employees to draw from for admin relief work and short-term, contract, part-time positions that may become available eg. project coordination/management. If you are interested in applying to be in this pool, please send a copy of your current CV (no more than 3 pages) and a covering letter outlining your key skills and experience and what you are interested in offering, to email@example.com with subject line clearly marked APPLICATION – CASUAL POOL by 5pm on 8th January.
Applying for the Positions
The job descriptions and selection criteria can be downloaded below. Queries should be directed to Vivienne Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 770 154.
Your application should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages) and a copy of your current CV (no more than 3 pages) and be sent to email@example.com with subject line clearly marked APPLICATION – JOB TITLE (the appropriate job title for the position for which you are applying) by 5pm on 8th January. We are seeking applicants who are able to start work early in the new year.