The Denmark Arts Markets, established in 1981, attracts between 18,000-20,000 visitors across four markets within the season and has built its reputation on the philosophy of providing an outlet for high quality artisan, arts, crafts and produce. Set in shady Berridge Park by the picturesque Denmark River, the Markets have a lively village atmosphere featuring all day live performance on possibly WA’s largest market stage showcasing emerging and established, local and national talent.
Denmark Arts Stall Criteria and Cost to Trade
All applications must meet the following criteria
- Goods should be hand-made or produced by the stallholder.
- Goods and services to be unique and of a good to high quality.
- High stallholder involvement in production.
- No single use plastic is to be used for packaging, serving or presentation of products.
- The principle stallholder must be a current member of The Denmark Arts Council. If not a current member, at time of application, the fee will be included on your invoice.
We do allow a limited number of stalls offering:
- Community information/education/fundraising
- Natural therapy and wellbeing practitioners
- Quality second-hand clothing
- Retail chains or franchises
- Mass produced or imported goods
- Alcoholic beverages (for consumption on site)
- Political parties or Religious groups
Food vendors / ready to go meals
All food vendors (including jams, pickles etc.) are required to obtain a Temporary Food Stall Vendors license from the Shire of Denmark.
Robert Ohle at the Shire of Denmark,
phone: (08) 9848 0300, email: email@example.com.
You will need to provide the Shire with a copy of your food handler’s certificate. If you don’t already have food handler’s certificate then you can obtain one online at denmark.imalert.com.au. There is no cost to do this but it is a requirement and should be done at least three weeks prior to your first market date.
As a requirement of our Healthway funding, all food providers/vendors must comply with the following conditions:
- The Denmark Arts Markets requires each vendor to offer healthy food and drink options. Preferences will be given to vendors offering healthy food and drinks.
- No sugary drinks are to be visually displayed. Sugary drink include any beverage which contains added sugar – e.g. soft drink, energy drinks and slushies. Therefore, all sugary drinks will be removed from front counters or menu boards and moved to the bottom of fridges or out of the line of sight for customers.
Please get in touch with the Markets Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more detailed information regarding the healthy food choice requirements.
Cost to trade
Applications to be received 3 weeks prior to market date latest. Applications received after this date may incur a 10% late application fee.
Art & craft stalls, (incl. info stalls, health-, wellness and other services other than food vendors):
11 Dec 2021 market: 3mx3m stall – $75 | ½ stall 1.5mx3m – $40
8 Jan 2022 market: 3mx3m stall – $90 | ½ stall 1.5mx3m- $45
22 Jan 2022 market: 3mx3m stall – $90 | ½ stall 1.5mx3m – $45
16 Apr 2022 (Easter Sat)
If booking Easter market in conjunction with one or more other market days: 3mx3m stall $120 | ½ stall 1.5mx3m – $50
If booking Easter market only: 3mx3m stall $140 | ½ stall 1.5mx3m- $50
Food stalls, ready to go meals:
11 Dec 2021 market: 3mx3m stall – $100 | larger size please enquire
8 Jan 2022 market: 3mx3m stall – $120 | larger size please enquire
22 Jan 2022 market: 3mx3m stall – $120 | larger size please enquire
16 Apr 2022 (Easter Sat)
If booking Easter market in conjunction with one or more other market days: 3mx3m stall $150 | larger size please enquire
If booking Easter market only: 3mx3m stall $170 | larger size please enquire
Power $20 per connection.
10% discount applied when booking all 4 market dates with payment of invoice in full by 19th Nov (discount applies to stall fee only and does not include cost of membership, or power connection)
Are you an emerging artists, crafter, maker wanting to give markets a go for your first time? Or are you just establishing your brand new business within the last 12 months? We would like to offer you a 25% introductory discount on your stall fee! Please indicate so in your application.
A variety of stalls and products are desired across the market. No stall holder has a monopoly on any product. If your product is suitable but there are already a number of other stalls currently offering similar goods your application may be declined.
Please refer also to Terms and Conditions of Trade.
Denmark Arts Markets Sustainability Info
Please remember that no single use plastic is to be used, offered or sold for serving food/drinks. Serving dishes and cutlery to be home compostable or recyclable. Single use packaging to be avoided wherever possible. The Markets are aiming to fade out landfill waste completely. Please be prepared to take your landfill home and consider how you pack your food stuff before bringing it to the venue.
Please find more information via info below regarding Compostable vs Recyclable vs Biodegradable or get in touch if you need more information. Email: email@example.com
Please refer to the Denmark Shire’s Sustainable Events Policy
Denmark Shire Sustainable Events Policy SUSTAINABLE EVENTS P100516
For queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARKET STALL APPLICATION FORM
Before you begin your application please ensure you have completed the following:
Have read and understood the Stall criteria as stated above.
Have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Trade
COVID SAFE EVENT
When applying as a stallholder, you agree to only attend if you are in good health and have not:
- Travelled nationally or internationally in the previous 14 days.
- Have any flu/cold symptoms including a sore throat, fever or cough.
- Have not come into contact with any confirmed cases or possible cases in the previous 14 days.
If you are unwell please do not attend the event.
Please complete our online Markets Stall Application Form below.